When H gets to daycare to pick up E today, he is told that there is an incident report he needs to sign. E had bitten one of the other kids over a toy. Yep a toy! Of course, I've been warning them for the past few weeks that she has been biting me and we have been trying to get her to stop. Of course to make matters more interesting, it is the little boy who is always greeting E in the morning. Fortunately, she did not break the skin.
Here's the best part:
Describe Actions Taken by Staff: I told E "No Biting" and showed her the red place on the other child. She seemed remorseful. I told her to say "I'm sorry" in sign language which she did and she gave him a hug, too.
If adult life could be that easy....
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
aww. if only my current work woes could be solved w/ a hug and 'sorry'.
every daycare has biters, it's the age - don't worry about it, she'll get thru it!
Post a Comment