Monday, February 16, 2009

Isn't time out supposed to be easy at this age?

We’re just started trying to use time out with Evie. Yesterday she was pulling on the cat’s tail. I know nothing new, but she seems to be much more aggressive lately. So H decides to put her in time out. He tells her to go to time out. She looks at him, walks across the room and sits down. H has her sit for a minute, tells her that pulling the tail hurts the cat and tells her to say she is sorry. She signs sorry and H lets her out of time out. She was only out of time out for a minute and she is pulling the cat’s tail again.

This time, I send her to time out. She goes and sits down. She then starts giggling and playing. UGH! I tell her that pulling the cat’s tail is a no-no and she needs to tell the cat she is sorry. She looks me in the eye and shakes her head no. I repeat myself a little firmer and she still shakes her head. I say to her she can go to night-night instead. She nods her head.

I take her to her room, turn on the music and start rocking her in the rocking chair. After the first song, she sits up and looks at me. I tell her if she tells the cat she is sorry, she can get up. She signs sorry and off she goes. She not bothered the cat yet.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com