Sunday, August 31, 2008
How Life Can Change in One Short Year.....
A year ago this Friday, E was born. It only seems like yesterday that she became a part of our family. So much has changed in a year and yet so much has stayed the same. Just today as I am holding her in my arms I can remember when I could cup the back of her head in my palm realizing just how fragile she was and still is. As I watch her sleep, I remember the sleepless nights and listening to hear her breath. I still listen for those tiny breaths. I remember how helpless she was. Eventhough she is a breath away from walking, I realize how helpless she still is. She's has changed so much. She crawls and plays. She has a hearty appetite and keeps adding to the 5 teeth she has in her mouth. Yet, she still nurses and wants to be held when she sleeps. The baby I cried over my first night in the hospital because she wouldn't nurse has developed such a "bigger than life" personality that attracts strangers and friends. She touches every aspect of my life without actually touching it. One year almost down and so many more to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment